Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cold Feet

When the temperatures are low and the wind blows, my feet suffer. For many years now, I have not been able to handle cold weather like a champ. I double up on everything and still can't keep warm. Swimming outdoors, especially in the evening is not always the easiest thing to do. The air can be cold and pool warm yet the moment I slip my sandals on, my feet freeze, for hours. As of late, I have felt warm and well enough to sleep however my feet, especially the right, take three hours to warm up. I put on socks, use fleece sheets, turn on the heat, fold my leg under my butt and grab them with my hands to try to transfer heat. Nothing works. Today is a cold and windy day but not enough for me to put on a thick winter parka. I swam this morning and felt fine. I returned home shortly after 9a and now, nearly eight hours later, my feet are still cold. It feels as if I have been standing on ice. Burr! In talking to my father about this problem, he has informed me that he too, suffers from the same, even with the right foot. Genetics. I am amazed how much he and I suffer in similar ways but at times, I wish my mothers genetics would take over so that my feet would not be as cold as they have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment