Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rambro to Rimbro and return

Several weeks ago Rambro brought home a new car. I don't know how he got it or the money but it is a keeper, apparently. He sent an e-mail telling me about his new purchase as if I were supposed to care. It is just a car so get in, drive and come home. About ten days ago, I was driving down the street to park in front of my house and noticed his car half way parked in the only available space. I waited for him to come out and move so that I could park. He came out, got in the car and made a 3-point turn as if to be the coolest dude in town. Ick! I paid no attention to him and went about my business.
Later that day, after being outside for a while working on my bike and in the garden, I checked my voicemail and listened to a message from some business that sells auto rims. As I wondered what the deal was, I called back (3 hours later) expecting to speak with the man who called me but was told he was not available. I left a message and hung up. I figured Rambro was trying to finance a set of rims for his car. STUPID! Later in the evening my girlfriend Eve came over to pick up some things and as I walked her out, I noticed Rambros car had tinted windows and RIMS. His car was decked out! Yee haw, what a slick ride. I quickly changed his name to Rimbro. Eve and I looked at one another and laughed because it is a joke to know where his priorities lie.
Exactly one week later, the rims were gone. The tint was still affixed to the windows but the rims gone. Inside I chuckled because I knew something financially has happened to him but dare not ask. I don't want to talk to him about things that don't concern me, especially not anything superficial.  That guy is a complete mess.
The other day I received an e-mail from Rambro stating he has to give a 30 day notice. I don't know what is going on with him and will soon find out since he can't keep his mouth shut about his personal business. It bothers me none that he will soon move out but having him paying to share my space sure was nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment