Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

"Can't we all just get along?"


Last week I received a telephone call from one of my tenants, Myra stating that she plans to move out because she can't live with the other, her cousin, Annie. I told Myra that she will have to give a 30 day written notice for it to be official. I was not too happy about this news because the two girls are good tenants. They don't complain or give me problems and the rent is never late. I don't care what they do but because I like them, I don't want them to leave. Some days pass and I hear no word from them so I thought maybe they patched up their differences. Today I received a call from Annie telling me that she is giving a 30 day notice. Again, I had to tell her it needed to be in writing so she said it would come from Myra. A few moments later Myra calls with the same news. Myra is very sad about the situation and wants to stay but cannot afford to do so on her own. She will look for a person/s to share the condo with. I told her that I don't want to pry in their personal business but Annie needs to work out her problems rather than running from them. If they live together, they need to look after the other, keep the place clean and live harmoniously. Annie has horrible credit and if she leaves, it will be difficult for her to find another place to live. I don't know what her intentions are but to go is a bad move. Myra informed me that she got Annie a job and found a place for the two to live and all she needed to do was to stay clean and look after herself. Apparently that is too much work for Annie so once again, she will be moving. This is not good for her children.
I wish Annie and Myra the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment