Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Big time rebate

The other day I purchased a set of bike pedals and a taillight from Nashbar.com because shipping was free on $50 or more. I had a few items in my shopping cart for some time waiting for the prices to drop. Some of the items I could not justify so I just purchased the two. Before finalizing my purchase, I logged into my account at Shopathome.com to see if Nashbar.com was an affiliate so that I could get some money back. I saw that a 4% rebate is offered so I was happy and made my purchased. I then checked my account and noticed I have $123.60 for the bike I recently purchased from Departmentofgoods.com.
The bike purchasing price was $799 because it was on sale at deep discount for some weeks. With a listed rebate of 4%, I was expecting $32 in return. The listed price prior to deep discount is $1199. There was something going on that I did not know about or an extra rebate given when not listed. Yeehaw!
Many times have I come up on a great deal but never did I expect to be able to save nearly $1000 on a bicycle. I will never stop scrounging around for another good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment