Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Retaliation

 As I watching the currents events taking place in Egypt, I received an instant message from Blue. In this message was a link to an online dating site with a new profile she created. I thought Blue is ready to take a look at what kind of men are available in her area and possibly ready to make a new friend or two. I was completely wrong. The link was a profile of ME with my name and photo. Blue is trying to set ME up with someone in my area. What a smack in the face. After a few minutes of creating the profile, a few e-mails were received from men I would not pass on to a complete stranger. The profile was pathetic. What Blue does not understand is that I am a very picky woman who knows what I want and will refuse to settle. My standards are high because I think with time, adults should enjoy and improve their lives and not remain stagnant. I am not desperate which is why I have chosen to remain childless and single for so long. I am sure my day will come but Blue will not play a role in this happening.

Blue can do what she wants to me because I am resilient. I can take a lot, even a punch below the belt but never will I be beat at my own game. I am not going to give up on Blue because I think she deserves a man who will treat her to a full bottle of beer rather than sharing it or asking her to go 50/50 on a 6-pack. Blue has a lot to offer, especially her worldly experiences as she lived abroad and traveled a great deal as a child. She remembers a lot and is a good listener. Mostly importantly, she is a great mother and teacher. I think she will make the ideal mate to a man who is fair and has a zest for life.

2 comments:

  1. jeez, i was just trying to help. you said one of your gentleman callers looks like shabba ranks. i think you owe someone a big thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and by the way, i'm trying to set you up with someone in MY area. catch up to the facts please.

    ReplyDelete