Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blue and her new men

My friend Blue is currently going through a divorce and in her attempt to get out on her own, she has found a few men who fancy her. There is Panhandler, a guy whom she came across at an intersection who asked if she was busy later. If he is working an intersection, he must be making a lot of money given he has, at least, three-way pay. Holla! There is The Host who is her neighbor. She said he is a bit on the down side, probably a veteran but very nice. He gave her Frosted Pop Tarts.

 Given her two choices, I decided to do some research in order to see what is available in her area. I logged onto my accounts on two matchmaking websites, changed my zip code and started to check out profiles. One website offered very little in regards to available men within her age group who were somewhat attractive and active. I told her the pickings were slim and may have to move. Ha! On to the next site I went. I found the choices were much better. According to their profiles true or not, the pickings are better. There are a lot of educated men who have never married or have children, well traveled, career oriented and all the rest. They are within her age group and some slightly older. I started to feel like I hit a jackpot for Blue. I wanted to set her up on a date immediately. Unfortunately, I received messages from men whom I would never date. They were all friendly but a bit desperate to me according to their messages and profiles. I informed them I was not there for myself but for Blue. That got rid of them quickly.
 I don't date women so I don't know how they come off on these sites but men are a mess. They tend to be desperate, 1000% sexually driven, cheesy and rather boring. Many have awful photos of themselves standing in front of a mirror with a camera phone or in front of of a luxury car. Bleh! Do these men not have any friends who can take a decent photo of them?
 I do not know if Blue will muster the nerve to go out and "start anew," but if she does, hopefully she will not resort to men like Panhandler or The Host. 

No comments:

Post a Comment